Considered a working manager, oversee the Communications Division in the Executive Department. Develop, manage and implement strategic outreach, media relations, and communications of city-wide initiatives for internal and external audiences, and oversee the messaging of community priorities and city programs. Monitor and maintain a designated budget. Determine how to ensure department/strategic goals are implemented. Policy development, updates, interpretation, and administration. Manage employee performance (promote, coach, mentor, and discipline); terminate in conjunction with a superior.
Education, Experience and License Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in communication, public relations, public administration, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in public relations, marketing, and/or communications.
- Or 9 years of relevant education and experience.
- 2 years management experience.
- Public relations experience using print, the web, and/or other resources.
- Professional services contract negotiations and management experience.
- Experience implementing and managing a Content Management System (websites).
- Public sector experience.
Deputy Public Affairs AdministratorSupervises:
Communication Specialist I and II, Web Specialist, and Social Media Intern
Complete details can be found in the Member Services area of the 3CMA Website