About the position
The Program Specialist-City Manager (Communication Specialist) is an at-will, non-management level position that works under the general direction of the Public Affairs Officer in the Communications Division. The position will assist with the operation of the Communications Division and interface with individuals at all levels of the City’s organization, including elected officials. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Strategizing, managing, and posting on all social media and the City’s website.
- Researching analytics for all social media.
- Ensuring the City stays up-to-date with new media and trends, apps and updates.
- Advising departments on social media best practices.
- Assisting with press releases, media advisories, press alerts, and media inquiries.
- Providing assistance on event planning, including developing talking points, event agendas, and online media strategies.
- Helping with graphic design and management of the City brand.
Assisting with the development of guidelines, written documents, brochures, flyers, marketing materials, and other communications to the public.
- Helping coordinate photo operations, archives, usage, digital and qualitative elements in regards to the City’s visual identity. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more information on the Program Specialist - City Manager (Communication Specialist) job posting please visit the Member Services
section of the 3CMA website.