We need someone with strengths in:
- Writing. Education, like many industries, has its own jargon, acronyms and insider language that’s off-putting to many in the community.
- Emergency Communication. In a school district with 5,000 employees and 30,000 students, we have frequent need to communicate quickly with parents, staff and students about disruptions that occur in our schools.
- Media Relations.
- Web Content.
- Effectiveness with Google Analytics and coordinating the work of department and school webmasters to keep website content up to date.
- Social Media. This position creates and publishes content on the district’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube social media channels, measures and reports social engagement, maintains a registry—and regularly monitors—school, sports team and program social media accounts.
- Event Planning. This position coordinates the district’s annual retirement event and serves as an event planning consultant, as needed, to departments and schools.
- Communication Planning. This position provides strategic communication counsel and creates communication plans for schools, departments, programs and initiatives, as needed, on such topics as Smarter Balanced Assessments, Common Core State Standards, Special Education, Advanced Programs, Parent Resources and Summer Learning.
For more information on this job posting please visit the Member Services
section of the 3CMA webpage.