Job Posting - Customer Service Coordinator
Public Works Department/Solid Waste Division
This highly responsible position oversees customer service delivery and/or community outreach initiatives for the assigned department; may provide direct supervision of customer service/administrative staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops relationships with customers and the community through outreach and public awareness programs.
- Ensures communication with customers is courteous and handled in a professional manner whether in person, on the telephone or by mail.
- Investigates and satisfactorily resolves more complex customer concerns/complaints in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintains accurate records of conversations and activities.
- Initiates and oversees special grant-funded programs and projects.
- Develops and oversees departmental presentations, outreach programs, and correspondence.
- Prepares and distributes various management reports.
- Oversees all aspects of office operations, including developing and maintaining customer service policies, communications, procedures and training.
- Supervises, trains, monitors and evaluates the performance of any subordinate personnel.
- Assists in budget preparation, including establishing priorities and allocation of resources.
- Responsible to cross-train and act as back up for other Customer Service Coordinators and other areas of the department.
- Assignments may include evening or weekend work.
Education, Experience, Licenses and Certifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field. A minimum of four (4) years experience in customer service and/or public relations, including two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid state driver’s license by date of hire.
- (A comparable amount of training, education and/or experience may be substituted for the above qualifications.)
Position closes October 22, 2014
Complete details can be found in the Member Services area of the 3CMA Website.