Call for Presenters
3CMA is hosting its 2022 Annual Conference in Portland, OR - September 7 - 9, 2022. At this time, we are accepting speaking proposals for Breakout Sessions (60 minutes) and Pre-Conference sessions (2.5 hours).
Play an important role in the leading national conference for local government communicators and marketers. Share local government real-life case studies, lessons learned and cutting-edge ideas with your peers. 3CMA’s goal is to create a balanced conference program. Session proposals should focus on key topics and trends that widely affect jurisdictions of all size.
- Be specific in your session title and description. Even a clever title needs to be descriptive of the session content.
- Cover the why and how questions about your topic. Attendees want to know how they can use the information in their jobs and are less interested in simply hearing a recap of what you did.
- Hands-on training or demonstrations are welcome. Attendees favor sessions where they learn HOW to do something or a new skill.
- What are the key takeaways or lessons attendees will get from your session? Include these in your session description.
Proposed presentations will be reviewed by the Annual Conference Planning Committee.
- The deadline for submission of proposals is Friday - May 20th
- Conference Registration:
- A discounted registration rate of $400 is available for speakers who plan to attend the full conference.
- No registration fee is required of speakers who will be present solely for their presentation.
- Speakers are responsible for their own travel expenses.
If selected to present, an LCD projector, wireless microphone, laptop audio and screen will be provided. Additional audio-visual needs may be requested from 3CMA Staff prior to the Annual Conference.
- Formal notification of presentation acceptance will be emailed by the first week in June.
- All presenters will be asked to provide an electronic version of their presentation (to be made available online to conference attendees following the Annual Conference) no later than September 2rd.
Benefits of Presenting
- Presenters receive a registration discount.
- Share your expertise with your peers.
- Receive recognition and feedback about your practice or program.
- Expand your professional portfolio.